Have you ever woken up, stepped on the scale, saw the number flash back at you and felt miserable? Yes, me too. This, in fact, was me less than two weeks ago. After talking on the phone with my life and business coach, K.T. Martin, and spending some time in personal reflection, I decided that I needed to take action to detox my mind and body.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while now, then you know that juicing is not something new to me. I, in fact, wrote a whole blog post over four years ago titled “How to Drop 7 Pounds in 7 days“. Somewhere along the way, however, I got away from juicing. Truth be told, it was probably during my two year battle with infertility; the shots, the stress, the failed transfers, and the grieving. Fortunately, my story didn’t end there and in November 2018 I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. At my highest weight during pregnancy, I weighed 230 pounds!
My baby is now 1.5 years old. In these last 1.5 years, the lowest my weight has been is 176 pounds. I got down to 176 pounds after following Lindsey Nixon’s vegan Supreme Slimdown Blueprint. (I’ve been a no meat athlete for over 8 years now.) Although I found great success with the Happy Herbivore’s slimdown plan, it not only required a lot of cooking and prep work, but my mind was not in the right place. I, therefore, didn’t continue following this plan and I gained back some of the weight I lost.
Two weeks ago, I stepped on the scale and it read 192 pounds. Ugh. I felt miserable and I didn’t want to continue this upward trend. I knew something needed to change.
The Action Plan
That same day I went to the grocery store and bought all of the produce necessary for the 7 pounds in 7 days challenge. I love how the 7 pounds in 7 days app creates a shopping list for you which allows you to check off items while you walk around the store.
The next morning, I stepped on the scale and weighed 188 pounds. From Monday morning to Tuesday morning, I lost four pounds all before even starting the 7 pounds in 7 days juicing challenge! This weight difference was due to my menstrual cycle, all of the food I had eaten on Sunday, and the water retention in my body. I, therefore, officially started the juicing challenge weighing in at 188 pounds.
Another super awesome feature of the 7 pounds in 7 days app is the daily coaching videos from the Juice Master himself, Jason Vale. Some of the things Jason Vale talks about in his coaching videos is the idea that we are not depriving ourselves of what we want to eat when we are juicing. We, in fact, have the choice to eat whatever we want. He says, “If you want to eat chocolate, eat chocolate. If you don’t want to eat chocolate, don’t eat chocolate.”
You can not begin a juicing challenge or any other detox plan with a mindset of deprivation and starvation. Instead, you must begin a detox plan excited about what this is going to do for your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. Say, “Yes, I get to detox my body!”
You can not begin a juicing challenge or any other detox plan with a mindset of deprivation and starvation.Tweet
Are you eager to know how much weight I lost during the 7 day juicing challenge? Here’s the moment you’ve been waiting for. Cue the drumroll. On the morning of day 8, I stepped on the scale and weighed 179 pounds! Yes, I lost 9 pounds in 7 days!
Now, before you get all up in arms and tell me about how it’s unhealthy to lose 9 pound in 7 days, let me remind you of a few things:
- The 7 pounds in 7 days juicing detox is not a sustainable day in and day out eating plan. Fortunately, there are quite a few other apps that Jason Vale has designed for sustained health and wellness. One of my favorites is the Super Fast Food app.
- This juicing challenge is called “7 pounds in 7 days” because the average weight lost is 7 pounds. Some lose more and some lose less.
- I started the juicing challenge with a significant amount of weight that needed to be lost and at the conclusion of the juicing challenge I STILL have about 30 pounds I’d like to lose.
- This is NOT all about weight. The title of this blog post is “How to Detox Your Mind and Body”. I did this juicing challenge because I needed to not only change my body, but also my mind. Through the 7 days, I continued working with my coach, K.T., to rewire my mind to believe powerful things such as I am strong and I am limitless. I refuse to be held captive to junk food!
- Notice how I never mentioned the word “diet” in this blog post? This 7 day juice challenge is not a diet. I don’t believe in diets. The word “die” is in “diet” and that’s not what I want. Instead, I want “life”, so I believe in lifestyle shifts, not diets.
I can not even begin to explain to you how amazing I feel! I’m fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes that I haven’t worn in over two years, my mind is clearer, I’m more productive, and I when I look in the mirror, I smile at how far I have come.
Since I feel so amazing, I plan to continue juicing 1 – 2 meals a day. I also plan on eating more plant-based foods, work on my portion sizes, and continue to stay active at least six days a week. I’ve lost 60 pounds before by moving more and eating less, so I know it can work and I trust the process. I am not expecting an overnight change because I know that weight lost slowly is weight that stays off.
Are you ready to detox your mind and body? Sign up below to receive your FREE 7 Step Detox Checklist to help you jumpstart your journey of health by detoxing both your mind and body!