Disclaimer: I received a ROAD iD Sidekick ID for my Garmin to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check outBibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!
Four years ago, I saw my life flash before my eyes. It was an early Sunday morning and I was out on a 14 mile run. With only about 4 miles left, all of the sudden a man jumped out from behind a bush, asked me a question, I politely responded, and then continued running. From behind me, I could hear the man make a whistling sound as if calling over his friends. My heart was racing. I thought surely I was going to be knocked unconscious and never seen again.
Fortunately, that’s not how the story ended. I made it home safely. I never looked back, so I’m not sure if the man was alone or who he was signaling to. As a believer, I am confident that God had his guardian angel watching over me that day. Although I know that God is with me always, I also know that God calls me to be cautious and wise. Let’s say that I was knocked unconscious four years ago and left on the side of the road. When I was found, how would first responders been able to quickly identify me and contact my loved ones?
Did you know that each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification?Tweet
Whether you’re out on a run, riding your bike, hiking, going for a walk, etc. you need to wear identification, especially if you have a health condition that first responders should know about before treating you.
Even though I’ve had quite a few scary incidents in the past nine years of running, I just recently received my first ROAD iD, an ID that fits perfectly on my Garmin band! If you don’t wear a Garmin, there are other ROAD iD options including IDs that come on a band, IDs for Apple Watch users, IDs for pets, and even IDs that you can wear on your shoes!
One of the first things I noticed when my new ROAD iD arrived, was the cool “Your Adventure Checklist” package. The package lists 44 items to check off as you wear your ROAD iD and adventure. Some of the items include “overcome a fear”, “poop in the woods”, and “dance in your undies”. At the bottom of the checklist, ROAD iD encourages users to post their checklist with the hashtag #adventurechecklist for the chance to win some sweet ROAD iD gear and prizes.
TOP 10 REASONS YOU SHOULD WEAR ID
(as written by RoadiD)
- If you can’t speak for yourself, ROAD iD will speak for you.
- ROAD iD enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friends.
- ROAD iD enables family members to provide additional details about your health or give consent for potentially life saving procedures.
- ROAD iD enables hospital staff to locate vital medical records.
- ROAD iD can communicate medical conditions or allergy information to medical staff.
- ROAD iD can prevent serious delays in treatment by saving crucial time during the “golden hour” of medical treatment.
- It’s far better to have Road ID and not need it than to need ROAD iD and not have it. It’s not just a piece of gear, it’s peace of mind.
- Accidents happen far more than you think they do. Each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification.
- ROAD iD looks good on and makes a statement about your athletic lifestyle – not to mention that studies would probably prove that people that wear Road ID are considerably smarter than those that don’t.
- ROAD iD can save your Life. Period.
I’ve been wearing my ROAD iD nonstop for the past month. My ROAD iD goes wherever my Garmin goes, which is everywhere! The only time my Garmin is off of my wrist is when I shower so that I can charge it. Every outfit, every adventure, and every day I now wear both my ROAD iD and my Garmin. I love that the ROAD iD fits so perfectly on my Garmin band that I don’t even notice that it’s there!
When I purchased my ROAD iD, I also purchased two badges (one to wear and one to give away). Besides the many fun badges, there are other ROAD iD accessories including bands & straps, faceplates, and clasps.
Ready to buy a ROAD iD for yourself and ALL of your loved ones including your pets? Go to ROADiD.com and use code “SAVE25BRP” for 25% off any iD.
I can’t wait to see you and your loved ones rocking your new ROAD iD! Be sure to post a pic and tag me (@runstrongrun) when your new ROAD iD arrives.
Besides wearing a ROAD iD, how else do you adventure safely? Tell me in the comments below.
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.