Disclaimer: I received a pair of Shady Rays X Series shades to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!
Rarely am I seen outside without a pair of sunglasses on. I keep a pair of sunglasses in my car, in my purse, and in my classroom. I never want to be caught outside without a good pair of shades.
You may remember that I previously reviewed Shady Rays polarized shades. This time, I had the opportunity to review Shady Rays X Series shades. The X Series is unique because it has an all-sport frame with a strong grip and wide peripheral vision.
When I first put on the sunglasses, I was shocked by how light they were. In fact, I had a co-worker try the sunglasses on (she’s also a runner) and her first comment was, “Wow! They are so light!”
When I took my sunglasses out on my runs, I noticed that the sunglasses were light (as previously discussed) and they provided the sun protection that my eyes needed.
As stated at shadyrays.com, here are some key components of the Shady Rays X Series shades…
- Sport frame with strong grip made for high speeds.
- Great for running, hiking and climbing, water-sports, and other high impact activities.
- Durable matte black wrap-around frame
- Premium Polarized black lenses with grey tint: 100% UV protection / shatter-resistant / salt water proof
- Includes Microfiber Cleansing Pouch + vinyl brand decal
- Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty & Free Replacements if Lost or Broken – just pay S+H fee for lost/broken replacements.
- Every order provides 10 meals to fight hunger in the U.S. through Feeding America
If I had anything negative to say about the sunglasses, I’d comment on the nose piece. As pictured below, the nose piece features three tiny holes. Those three tiny holes leave small marks on my face when I wear them. I’ve not spoken to Shady Rays about the nose piece, but I’m assuming it is designed like this to prevent any slipping.
Overall, if you’re looking for some high performance, all-sport, light weight sunglasses, the Shady Rays X Series shades would be a great option!
See what other BibRavePros are saying about Shady Rays:
Don’t forget to follow Shady Rays on all the socials:
Until next time,
Find me on all the socials: