Disclaimer: I received a set of Knuckle Lights to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, you’ve surely seen my early am running posts. As a busy wife, mom, and 5th grade teacher, running at 4:45am makes sense. When I try to run in the evenings, helping kids with homework, making dinner, or simply feeling exhausted all get in the way. It’s no surprise that at 4:45am, it is dark outside and I have found myself in need of a light of some sort. Enter Knuckle Lights.
Similarly to Dan Hopkins, founder of Knuckle Lights, I too have tried carrying a flashlight with me and wearing a headlamp. The flashlight was annoying since I didn’t like having something in my hand that I had to carry. The headlamp was annoying because 1) it’d leave a line indent going across my forehead (and it’d still be faintly visible when I went into work) 2) it’d hurt my head. When I found out about Knuckle Lights, I couldn’t wait to try them!
Here are my thoughts after testing out my Knuckle Lights…
- Lightweight – hardly felt them there!
- Bright – it was easy to see in front of me!
- Steady – the wide beam of light did not bounce around, even with my arms moving!
- Adjustable – the knuckle lights can be made smaller or larger depending on hand size and/or with gloves.
- Magnetic – great for storing at home and once the sun comes out! (Since I usually wear my SPIbelt, I was able to attach my Knuckle Lights to my SPIbelt once the sun came out.)
- Sweaty – Yes, they made my hands sweat. Not really too big of a deal because when my hands would begin to feel a little sweaty, I’d simply adjust where the knuckle lights were placed.
The Knuckle Lights that I tested out were the Knuckle Lights Colors. Here are the specs:
- 2 LIGHTS PER SET — The units connect together magnetically. The soft silicone straps can be adjusted to fit any size hand and even over gloves.
- 120 TOTAL LUMENS — The super bright lights provide a wide flood beam, providing a steady, even light in front of you that does not bounce around, even with your arms moving.
- BATTERIES INCLUDED — Each Unit Operates on 1 X AA Battery.
- WATERPROOF — Units can be used in any type of weather.
- Price point: $39.99 and ALWAYS free standard shipping for US orders
Knuckle Lights has recently come out with a new, rechargeable design! So, if you’re looking for a product that can be recharged, be sure to check out the new design. (I’ve been using my Knuckle Lights for about a month now and the batteries are still going strong!) There’s also the original Knuckle Lights design.
So, if you’re an early morning runner such as myself or a late night runner, then you need to ditch your flashlight / headlamp and get yourself some Knuckle Lights! BONUS: Use code “BRKL2017” for 15% off your purchase at https://www.knucklelights.com/ (expires 9/1/17).
Check out what my fellow BibRave Pros thought about their Knuckle Lights.
Until next time,